Monday, May 13, 2013

Proverbs 18:24 He's closer than a brother!

A man of many companions may come to ruin,

    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)

I am a very social woman! I love people - the more the merrier! I have been very blessed in my life to have been surrounded by wonderful friends. There’s nothing more fun for me than being with them! But, in the end, each of us has our own obligations, and even family and friends cannot always be there for us when we need them. How I love my “friend who sticks closer than a brother!”

Jesus will NEVER abandon me! He is never too busy or too tired to come alongside me, to comfort, guide, and encourage me.

He will not let your foot be moved;

    he who keeps you will not slumber. 

Behold, he who keeps Israel

    will neither slumber nor sleep. (Psalm 121:3-4 ESV)

 ...be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  So we can confidently say, 

“The Lord is my helper;

    I will not fear;
what can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5b-6)

Yesterday was Mothers’ Day, and I had a blue moment of really missing my mother! She died almost 18 years ago, and although I know I will see her again, sometimes I am overwhelmed by the loss, and wish we could just have an hour to talk once more! There are so many things I’d love to tell her, and many more things that I’d love to ask her! So I’m very grateful for the constant presence of the LORD in my life! In those moments when I’m feeling alone (even in the midst of family and friends), I remember that He is with me. Thank you, LORD!  


No comments:

Post a Comment