Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Do not let your hearts be troubled...

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

I woke up at 2:30 this morning with these words in my head: "Do not let your heart be troubled…” I was never able to get back to sleep, because I kept thinking about those words and that no matter what my circumstances, no matter what assails me, I can be still and know that He is God. He is on His throne. He is sovereign, and there is nothing that comes my way that He has not allowed.

I’m currently studying James’ epistle, and I can heartily agree with his exhortation:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4)

God is in the process of completing us (Phil 1:6), and through the hardships, heartaches, betrayals, attacks, whatever we face, He is working FOR us, because He loves us! And if He is for us, who can be against us? Hallelujah!

I’m so thankful that He is on the throne, aren’t you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment