Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Prayers would be appreciated, please! March 25, 2014

Some of you received an email with this request last night, but I wanted to throw this out there to as many as possible, so I’m requesting some prayer. Yesterday we learned that my sister, Jodi, who was diagnosed with multiple myeloma three years ago, has been told she has 4-12 weeks left. That was quite a blow, even though we knew her time was limited as this bone cancer is incurable. She has almost no red blood cells and her chemo treatment is no longer working. She is very weak. Thankfully, my sister, Susie, is visiting her from Florida right now, and was with her when she received this news. I already have my plane ticket for a planned visit during my spring break, April 8-12. That’s two weeks from today... it can’t get here soon enough!

I know my God is a miracle-working God, so I’m asking for one for Jodi. But I also know that He is sovereign, and His plan is better than any I might conceive, so I am trusting Him. Please pray for His will, that He would be glorified through Jodi, that all of us who love her would be good comforters, and ourselves be comforted. Pray that she would be strengthened as she will be getting lots of company in the next few weeks (children and grandchildren descending on Denver from all over the country). 

Pray that God would give us His Words for her and withhold any that aren’t from Him.

Many thanks to all of you who don’t know her but will pray for her anyway just because you love Jesus! I love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment