Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Okay, dear friends! I’m posting an extra note today, because I want to let you know about a terrific opportunity. Last spring, my daughters, Molly and Emmy, and I went to the women’s retreat for our church. The conference speaker was Lysa TerKeurst, who is a phenomenal speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries. If you haven’t heard of her yet, check out her blog at http://lysaterkeurst.com/. You will be blessed! Anyway, Proverbs 31 sponsors an annual conference in North Carolina for women who have a passion for and feel called to a speaking and/or writing ministry or who want to work in women’s ministries in their churches. The She Speaks Conference is designed to give women the tools to answer this calling. I absolutely love that the women involved in putting on this conference want to see God’s gifts confirmed and multiplied.

The conference is an opportunity to hear from and network with speakers and writers and to meet with Christian publishers. All in glorious North Carolina! This summer the conference is on the weekend of July 22 - July 24. To see more details check out the She Speaks site: http://shespeaksconference.com/.

Lysa is currently having a contest on her blog site to give away two scholarships to the conference. I’m trusting God, as I enter, that if this is where He wants me, He will make a way, whether through the contest or some other way. If you’ve known me for any length of time, you know that my heart’s desire is to share my passion for God and His Word. I want others to get hip-hopping excited about our amazing God! And, if you’ve known me even for a short while, you know that I love to speak. How blessed am I that every day God allows me to speak to my darling, captive audience of 32 fourth and fifth graders! And occasionally, He even allows me to speak to grown-ups! :)

I’m hoping to be in North Carolina - anyone want to join me? Check out Lysa’s blog, dated March 7, for more info! And while you’re there, stick around and read her delightful blog!

Back to Genesis!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment